View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
oem4me

Re: Pondering a trade, somebody help!

reallyI'd say a lot depends on the condition of each. Generally speaking, trucks are on their way up in value and corvairs are.... well, not so much. That said, the truck is a 3/4 ton and that puts it back in line with the 'vair as far as mass popularity goes. The sad fact is few people want either. Don't get me wrong, I happen to be a fan of BOTH. I dare say any that pan the Corvair must not have any real experience in one. These cars are a gas to drive and if you add the extra HP of the 140, then it's just fun on top of fun. I'm actually looking forward to restoring my own mothballed '66 180 coupe here in the future.
So, how are they each equipped for options, and of course condition is everything. Restored? Original? Low miles?
I do agree with the sentiment that you can't ever buy grandpas truck ever again, but there ARE lots of Corvairs are out there. Yes even 140's.

EDIT: I just checked out your truck a bit through older posts, and I gotta say it's pretty nice. The Grandpa factor puts it yet higher on the niceness scale. This Corvair would really have to be something special for me to even think of a trade.

Last edited by oem4me; 05-06-2013 at 12:00 AM.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote