View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:22 AM   #11
Swed

Re: Pondering a trade, somebody help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyspinstriping View Post
I would never trade that beautiful truck for a corvair...Im willing to bet just about everyone on this forum would give anything to own their grandfathers truck too...I know I would!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Rather than trade, change what you don't like about the truck and keep the original parts in case you ever want to convert it back. Best of both worlds, you keep gramps truck and you get a joy to drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
If it was your grandpa's corvair, maybe...
I would give it to another family member before I'd sell it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaupp View Post
I'd say don't do it, partially because it's a beautiful truck, but also because it was your grandfather's truck. I'd keep it in the family if possible. Also, you can add things like power windows, brakes and steering to the truck if you need more modern amenities. My $.02.

I will go with the rest of the guys here, if I ever had the chance to own anything, any where similar that was once owned by my grandpa I would keep it until I'm too old to stick with it and then inherit it to my children and tell them the story.

Speaking about showroom.. If you have a showroom vehicle, how much would you accually dare to drive it? And the your truck looks like winner from this picture!
* Audi A4 Avant Quattro TDI 2008
* Sachs Compact 50cc 1967
Swed is offline   Reply With Quote