View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #192
67c10rustbuket

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Very nice work
Thanks! I must have done well if you think so. You make some awesome parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 C10 MJW View Post
dan put me down for one of those kits if you still ahve any left, or I will wait for the next batch... I do need to know where to send payment... I will send you a PM
message sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Wow Dan! What can I say, those look great! Congrats on the baby, and glad you weren't affected by the tornado, looks like it was pretty close to you.

One suggestion on the rear cover box though. I make the hole for the wires go all rhe way down so that you can remove it with everything all wired up. That way if you need to remove it to change a lighr bulb you don't have to unwire anything. The box is necessary to keep dust out of the speedo, it builds up faster than you would think!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks and thanks again! No damage here but many people we know and coworkers were affected.

Dang I see what you mean on the hole. I also noticed one possible flaw, a plastic snap bushing may interfere if pushed in from the outside. so you would have to install it from the inside and then it is in the way of the box mounting screw. I will have to change that. I will just have to run the wires through the hole without a snap bushing on this one. I see also once I put the whole thing together that the back of the cluster is quite dusty and the space around the speedo would allow dust inside the front of the cluster and make an ugly mess so a box is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson6772 View Post
Dan. You sir are an artiste. I can't imagine why I wouldn't spend the $30 to avoid the headache and get a better piece than I would have made in the first place just lmk how to pay you. I will definitely take a plate and rear box. Also: keep me in mind if you figure out the whole no trip odometer quandary.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, message sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmc8 View Post
I will take one if available. I already purchased the kit from LS1nova.
Chuck
message sent Chuck, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeyer88 View Post
Dan,

Those kits look very neat! It looks like you've spent months on development to make these. I will definitely take one! Please PM me your detail and I'll get the funds over to you!

Thanks for sharing this with everybody!

-Will
Message sent, Thanks

I would appreciate any feedback you guys have on these and will take suggestions on how to improve them.

All 5 plate/box sets are spoken for. I will run another batch in July if there is any demand for them. I do have one extra plate if anyone else is wanting to do this and I will get you a box first thing in July.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote