View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #786
NewType72

Re: 1972 Chevy p/u NewType Build

Well Definitely burned up the seal on the pump. (Third picture shows the crank/seal portion that burned up) Rented another pulley puller kit from Oreilly's. (Great service and rental BTW wanna give a shout out to them rented tools for free basically and always being helpful.) So I got home pulled the pulley with great effort as it was a powdercoated part and did not like the fact that it had to come off nearly as much as I did. But eventually she came off I didn't have to undo my shroud or my fan and was able to finagle my way in there to get the bloody thing off. Pulled the line from the pump and viola off my pump comes.

In the pictures you can see a close up version of my 89 Suburban serpentine belt setup, and for some reason the pump housing was slammed at one point on the backside unsure if that happened under my ownership.

Also included in this round of pictures is my nice and (at the time) clean power steering box with the new ragjoint and all, alo a sneak peek of the first round of black primer on my wheel (same primer was used on my truck and boy does it lay down nice and smooth can't wait to wet sand it and get another coat as my father is laying down the paint this time.

P.S. Should be getting my new pump and possibly a new high pressure hose tomorrow depending if the parts are readily available. We shall see

P.S.S. In other words slapped the other new power steering box on the 71 and she drives like a dream!! no play in the wheel at all as it should be.

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote