View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #43
jeboblasto

Re: 67 c10 - aka "the heavy chevy" mk II

Got the back/top of seat done, and managed to avoid sewing or having to buy other fabric. The piece of black denim i got was in the ultra cheapo bin at the fabric/sewing store ( under 10 bucks ). Got some eyelets to put in for the corners and also used zap straps for much of the back. This has to be one of the easiest seats to put fabric on as it's mostly straight and flat, no wierd angles. It was still a bit of work but i'm pretty happy with the result, not perfect but is an improvement and will do until i can afford some new covers.
Name:  IMG_6871_2.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  55.5 KB
ps. has anybody driven without the back of the seat in? Tall fellas should at least try it, it's super comfortable and you get the 'gangster lean' going if you're into that sort of thing. Not sure if it's legal or not, but i think a seat is somewhat a luxury item and seatbelts are the main safety item. I don't really think it's a good idea, but if you're tall it was awesome. I'm 6' 4", ( or 5' 16" when i'm trying to be humble ) and it felt like i was driving a cadillac, except way better. cheers.

boom!
jeboblasto is offline   Reply With Quote