View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #83
66Z71

Re: '62 BBW SWB Highschool ride returns

Ok. It's time to get this thing done, and out of the shop. I'm tired of walking around it. I put the motor in a few years ago. It was a brand new crate motor from Chevy. We cleaned it up, and re-shot the block & heads. The last time I painted the Edelbrock intake orange, but this time I sand blasted it, and gave it a light coat of aluminum paint to help protect it.

The steering column was swapped a long time ago for one out of a buddies wrecked '69 Cutlass. It had seen better days. The turn signal thingy was broken, the starter switch worked most of the time, and the horn button was DOA. I took another column I had, and gutted it for the electrical. Sand blasted the 'original' column, and painted it to match the truck. Now I just have to get a steering wheel. I'm thinking of one of those old style chrome 3 spokes with a metalflake white grip. Just to add a little bling to it, I made a new turn signal lever. The old one was rusted, and ugly, so... cut the end of a Titanium NASCAR valve off, turned it down a bit, and stuck it into a carbon fiber arrow shaft. Cut that off, and stuck it over the original lever. Bet I got the only Titanium / Carbon Fiber turn signal lever out there

Rebuilt the Holley Carb that was on it (650 vac secondary). So last night I set it up on the bench, and hooked up an electric fuel pump to it. Good thing I did. The inlet needle on the primary side didn't want to seal. Swapped it out, and set the float levels. Tonight when I get home (if there isn't a puddle of gas under it) I will be putting it back in place.
"Always try to make the best part you can with the skills you have. If it isn't good enough throw it away and make another. Every time you make a part your skill will increase and you'll make a better part than you were capable of making before." Lil John Buttera
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote