View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #1341
Rochlow

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
So I got some new parts in the mail, this time for my 68 I've been wanting to upgrade the rear brakes to disc for some time now an finally decided to go with the Wilwood D154 with the intergrated parking brake. I know the Wilwood rear doesn't match the McGaughey front kit I have but eventually it will. Someday I plan on upgrading the front to a 6 piston 13" Wilwood kit.

I wanted something with a parking brake and I liked the fact that it uses a 2 piston caliper. I also like that it uses the lokar emergency brake cables and I can ditch the factory stuff. I didn't go with the matching McGaughey rear kit because I don't like the design of it or the fact that I would have had to machine my axles for it to fit. I feel this is something they should have figured out by now. Plus like I said I do plan on upgrading the front to Wilwoods in the future. I plan to finally get working on her again this weekend as I have a lot to do before I can move it from my brothers garage to mine.
Those look great!

That was my issue with the Mcgaughey brakes too. If I'm paying that much for brakes it should be a bolt affair.