View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
luvbowties

Smile Re: Problems aligning power steering pump with crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalaroundstone View Post
I have a 66 fleet with factory AC and a 327 (probably not original). I have been going crazy trying to get my power steering pump to line up with my crank pulley without the alternator belt rubbing against the pump body. All my other belts seem to line up okay. I have read all the info on this forum about this, but I am still stumped. Maybe I have the wrong crank pulley. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hey, Metal, if you can get that pump pulley closer inline with the crank pulley, it should run okay. They do not have to be absolutely parallel to function; I've seen tens of ps setups over the years[including mostly 67-72]where the ps belt looked like it might jump off the two pulleys at any moment, yet continue running for years, just as they already had for years. Some owners had bought them new and so we were sure they came from the factory that way. I always commented about how sloppy they looked, yet like Timex, they delivered...and surprisingly did not prematurely wear the belts. Luck to you.
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote