View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I was pretty tired last time i posted but looking at your pic's something came to mind, if they were not already you should have steel stamped the piston rods and end caps #1 thru #8, if you still have them in order it might be a good idea to do it, you do not want to mix up the bearing end caps on the rods. plus if you reuse them its good practice to keep them in the same order.

Normally if i tear down an engine i organize and keep track of every part so i know what rocker push rod and lifter went where, i don't mix them up until i decide what is getting replaced, every part can tell a story when it comes to wear.
SR:

Yeah haha. I luckily I thought about that prior to tear down, although I didnt stamp them, I have them numbered using tape. I will be buying new rods, so I tossed those. And the bearing, I made sure to bolt them in the same direction they were sitting, prior to removing each piston.

I hope I covered my bases!

I appreciate your pointers, I definitely am in "absorb everything" mode lol

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote