55-59 Task Force

60-66 C10

67-72 Classic

73-87 Square Body

88-98 S#!t Box/ C/K

99-02 New Body Style/ Silverado

04-07 Cat Eyes/ Silverado

07-12 NEW NEW BODY
Idk why your calling the 88-98 trucks s#1t boxes. They're darn good trucks. Better than the ones that replaced it in my view in terms of build. To each his own had to say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyRay View Post
I call the 88-98 trucks "metric" because you need to put away all of your SAE tools and break out the metric set. The later squares seemed to be half metric and half SAE so you need both sets of tools.
I wouldn't call them metric though as they are both half metric an half SAE. Worked on lots of these trucks including my own an it can be a pain to have both sets out. From the cars an trucks I've worked on seems to be that GM went half standard half metric around 1979-80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueBomber View Post
88-98 is OBS (old body style). Saw on facebook a few months back a group with the square body in the name... It was based for the 88-98 trucks. I tried correcting them and showing the proof what real square body trucks were and I got banned...

oh well
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellh575 View Post
Yea I've been seeing a lot of people calling 88-98's "squarebodies". They are pretty square-shaped but come on, that nickname is already taken lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueBomber View Post
They tried telling me that the 73-87 body style were called "heavy chevys"

Really...
You gotta be kidding right??? Heavy Chevy's really??? I've seen these so called "square body groups" on instagram an I'm like ohhhh 73-87 trucks?? Nope 88-98 an I'm like your kidding right???? 88-98s are GMT400s yes as Keith Seymor pointed out but since I was a kid I've known these trucks as the Heartbeat of America trucks or the "like a rock" trucks.

TheBlueBomber, did they really ban you? Wow that's dumb. All I can say is I bet they're just young people who don't know what they're talking about or anything. I'm 21 but at least I found out which is which.

Case in point I've heard 67-72 as the "action line" or glamor trucks and 73-87 as the rounded line. 60-66 I can't remember what Gm called them but have heard them called 1st gens.
lha1992 is offline   Reply With Quote