View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #20
Jahloha

Re: For Gramps (1970 C20 RestoMod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard72 View Post
My insulated coveralls are my best friend (friends?) in the winter. I've got a 120,000 BTU/Hr convection heater, but it really only takes the edge off on the really cold days and burns up LOTS of LP with no ceiling insulation. I tried putting sheet plastic up to try to prevent the hot air from going up into the attic, but it was pretty much a waste of time. I got to the point last winter where I got pretty accustomed to working in the cold. It's pretty cool how the body adjusts to the seasons. It does limit what you can do to your truck, though, as curing processes, etc. are really slowed down. You almost start wishing you had to torch more stuff apart

Getting the front end apart is somewhat straightforward, but make sure you have a good internal spring compresser to get it back together. I couldn't get my external compressor setup to work with how the springs go up into the recess, so I borrowed an internal one from a local fella.

Good job so far!
Thats good to know, I was just thinking about using some plastic if I bought a heater. Also, I need to get some insulated coveralls/pants or something ha. All I got is a long sleeve and some Dickies pants.

My grandpa, Gramps, won a 1970 C20 in 1969 for $1. I'm on a mission to restore it before he passes.

My 1970 C20 Build Thread
Jahloha is offline   Reply With Quote