View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
luvbowties

Smile Re: 1969 Truck Tail light Problem

You said, "Its also weird when i turn my right blinker on my Break lights go out. When im in the neutral spot for the blinkers the break lights are on. When im turning to the left its how its supposed to be." When a sig is called for, the ts switch cancels brake lite on that side & lets flasher work it. Sounds like left side wires are correct; but sounds like wires are not properly placed at t-sig switch harness connector for right sig. Also, sounds like your br-lite switch is not completely cancelling when br-pedal is turned loose, leaving br-lites on improperly. Is br-pedal spring returning pedal to completely up and breaking the br-lite sw circuit? (Either put stronger spring on or adjust switch properly.) Check that new br-lite sw is good--new does not always mean good!
Look up wiring diag. for your t-sig sw cct & verify proper wiring at the t-signal switch: prev. owner coulda crossed wires. [Search for "Woogeroo"s posts in the 60-66 forum where he gives links to older truck wiring circuits.] Last, install a quality flasher.
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote