View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
arrover

Re: Messing Around With My New Go Pro in Lester...

Great work on the video. The longer you own it, the more mounting options/angles you think up. I use Adobe Premiere Elements 11 for my editing. I think it was around $90 from B&H Photo. They also have gopro accessories cheap. Some computers come with basic video editing software like Windows Movie Maker or Apple iMovie. They work pretty well while you're learning. Gopro also has their own free editing software called Cineform. You should build a DIY magnetic mount. I use mine on vehicles and equipment all the time. Basically its a large magnet from Hobby Lobby, Harbor Freight, etc, with a sticky mount stuck on it. Put self adhesive felt (from Hobby Lobby) on the magnet side so it doesn't scratch paint. It works excellent for trucks. I would advise you to use a tether when you have the camera mounted outside the vehicle just in case the mount fails. I buy black shoe strings. Just tie it as close to the camera as possible and then tie the other end to something solid nearby. Here's a link to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDywFDjEL1nUi13cb6mLn5w . I'm gradually getting more 73-87 truck videos on there.

1973-1987(91) Chevy/GMC How-To Videos
arrover is offline   Reply With Quote