View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #38
aotte1

Re: 1965, L6 292 Engine Power Steering Pump Set-Up

60-66,

Thanks for the pulley part number(s), I am using a May 1981, parts book which is older then yours that does not list information also. I am always keeping my eye out for an older one. If you know, does the 63-66 PS pulley have any identifying numbers, etc. cast into it?

Good question, what power steering gear am I going to use. Have not decided yet, early stages of researching. Currently looking into doing a power assist set-up??? This leads to more questions for you. Can you tell from parts book what was the first year K10s were available w/PS. Does your older parts book show any illustrations of the gear area/mounting bracket. I have gotten answers from 1966 to late 67 as to when PS first available on K10s? If I go with the "Power Assist" will likely have to fabricate a bracket to mount the gear to the frame. Memory of others believes that the gear mounting bracket was a fairly large piece on K10s w/PS.
The other option recommended by most is to use a newer PS gear along with pitman arm( suggestions based on: easier, a lot less leakage, works better).

Have you worked thru adding PS to 63-66 K10s.

My current research is on using a C10 power assist steering set-up as my starting point.
As a note do have a magazine ad for Chevy truck "Power Assist steering" published in 63 or 64.
thanks,
Les
aotte1 is offline   Reply With Quote