View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
fastpace

Re: Problems with Porterbuilt rear shock mount lining up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
Not sure if this will help but here is what I noticed from the two sets of pictures. Yours does not have the bracket under the shock upper cross member that the one in the other pictures has. This may roll the bracket back and into a little better alignment. Also the other pics are of the system fully aired out and that will improve your angles also. If the design was done with the trailing arms in a lower hole the would more than likely line up just fine. All other positions will be a little off. If you plot the travel with the shock bolts facing forward and back you will find they are only parallel at one position. It's a little hard on the shock bushings but that is the price we pay for having a lot of options on ride height with an air ride system. I think if you ran it with the trailing arms in the lower holes for a low instant center with power plant you have the shock angles will be better and I think you will like the way the truck drives.
Jimmy
Yeah it's only going to line up perfectly in 1 spot, but you want that spot to be near your ride height. It's fine if the shocks are a little off when it's laid out because it's in a static position. Also if I put the trailing arms in the lowest hole then my pinion angle will be too low and the rearend will be sitting too far back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac808 View Post
Not sure if its just the angle of the camera but your axle looks a tad closer to the front of the truck than towards the back and not exactly centered in the notch.

Looks ok in the last pic though.
When the rear is move up into the notch it sits pretty close to the center of the notch, if anything it sits a little back on the notch.
1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote