View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #9
fastpace

Re: Problems with Porterbuilt rear shock mount lining up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods View Post
Fastpace-

I didn't notice anything else that stands out as being a concern.

Do me a favor and simulate ride height to compare the tabs. It does look to be off a little more than desired in the pics.

I just want to compare it to the fixture that locates the tabs before we send another one out to ya. I apologize for the delay/inconvenience I just don't want to send you an identical bar if it isn't lining up on your set-up to begin with. By having it in hand we can make sure you get one that will work better than what you have.

Nate
Nate,

I think that picture should be close to ride height. That's basically the height of the bag as it naturally sits with no pressure and no weight on it and the axle tube sits probably 2 inches below the point that would be the bottom of the factory frame rail. I'll be honest I'm not really sure where ride height should be but by looking at and estimating from other peoples pictures I would think we're pretty close. Also, we're mounting the bag directly to the frame rail/notch so there's no cup or additional plate.

The lower mount is boxed up and Travis just sent me the shipping label so we'll probably get it sent out tomorrow. Thanks to both you and Travis for the customer service, both me and the shop doing the install were very happy with the fitment of everything.

Jared
1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote