View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: choosing which link suspension for my truck??

WOW! Thats a pretty amazing transformation there 72'FleetcydeENVY. You went from not knowing if you shold run a 2 link or 4 link, to being an expert in building truck suspension and what it costs. There may be more in that novella you wrote, but I got lost in all the meandering.

The bottom line is always the bottom line. Yes, you can build an air suspension on a poor mans budget if you are creative, and possess the tools and/or skills. If not, the end result is quite often a cobbled up pile of parts that are unreliable, unsafe, and typically unattractive.

Most important to any modification, but especially one that involves suspension, function and safety should be a priority. I had a hard time trying to decipher your post, but it sounds to me you have visions of laying frame in a manner that might not be safe if your system fails. If you want to see the end result of that little scenario, theres a great video of a truck dragging then burning to the ground on YouTube you might enjoy.
I wish you well in your build sir. if you need any well thought out advice please ask. Keep in mind you might not like the answer, but we will do our best to offer safe and proven information.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote