View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #24
chewiebarker

Re: 1971 K20 Rat Rod Resurrection

I did head out this weekend to buy a standard front grille from a local guy who was selling the front clip off of a 1972 C20 Sub. I really don't like the billet grille that is on there now and really prefer the grid with the blue bowtie on the front.

When I got there, it was in great shape so I bought it (pic below). I also ended up buying the whole clip, and a rear bumper, figuring that it wouldn't hurt to have some extra pieces. (additional pics below) The whole thing was in pretty good shape and I am wondering which truck's wheel wells are in better shape - it might be one of each. At least when I get to that point I will have the parts to do it.

Any thoughts on using the front left quarter from this clip to fix the dents/crack in my truck, or should I use the replacement part the PO provided me...or should I just repair the original? What would be best in terms of continuity of originality and a good cosmetic result??

I am also psyched that I got some decent badges (including the bowtie and 350 badge) from this C20. The PO of my truck had ditched them. I had already purchased replacements off of EBAY but these look to be in even better shape! Also, the indicator lights on this truck are less discolored than mine.
Attached Images

MY 'BUILD' THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=618915
chewiebarker is offline   Reply With Quote