Thread: Project Falcon
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
rusty76

Re: Project Falcon

Me personally I just beat it into a decent family car. You can make it handle if you want but is that what you really want? I could easily see this thing as a nice mild custom with a strong 302 or a turbo inline four out of a SVO mustang. Five speed swap and a little paint. I wouldn't pour a ton of money into it. I don't feel this car has a strong collector market. While it is a nice clean mostly original car it isn't the crème of the crop either.

So my ideas for a mild custom are....lower it(obviously) with an adjustable suspension. Get rid of the black. Maybe go with the stock color but with white flake roof. Shave the door handles and some simple pinstriping. Wheels would be either Cragar SS with white walls. Or a set of Tru Spokes with white walls. Set of bellflower tips. Nice stock like interior......ooooh I could go on. Power plant could be anything....

So if I wanted to go another way I'd make a gasser out of it. They look cool with a falcon. Econoline straight axle, smoking small block, fender well headers. Jack this thing to the sky. Make it more street freak than gasser though. I want you to drive this thing every where. Do what ever comes necessary.

For the autocross I'd start with a late model mustang. Something from the fox area. Then use the suspension from it to build your platform. Get it low and mean. I'd use one of those mod motors 2v or something. You can get them pretty cheap now. I'd also make it a straight drive, maybe a six or five.

Now I'd even build it NASCAR style. That would rock personally. Some big Aero wheels, nice mean Ford six. Ford sixes are small power houses really. Make it into a street stock style build but for the street and go autocross. Truck arm suspension, mustang front end. Cut the wheel wells for the look and get it low.

So there you have it what I would do if I had a few extra dollars, lol. Sorry but I had an itch and had to itch it. Hope this got the wheels turning.
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote