Thread: Project Falcon
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
Billett

Re: Project Falcon

I know I'm all over the place, but threads like these help me try to organize my thoughts. I end up thinking one thing would be great, realizing it'll either cost too much or just not be worth it, and then thinking about another cool idea, then two days later I'll rethink the first one and forget why it was so dumb haha

So the other day I was talking this over with some family at Easter and my uncle reminded us that we have a spare sr20DET in the barn and how much fun that would be... My brother's daily driver is a built 240sx with a monster sr20 engine in it and we have most of the parts needed to throw this one together. I know it isn't Ford, but it's a 4 cyl turbo, EFI, and gets decent mileage and power. Plus we already have the software to tune it. It would be cheaper than an LS and much more exotic/weird. AND its small, much smaller than a modular motor or an LS so while it might take some fabrication I don't think we'd need to mess with the strut towers as much. Seems like a good fit to me.

Oh and just for another thought, I was considering buying a cheap SHO v6 that came up for sale on CL the other day. Those yamaha engines are pretty impressive, but to rebuild one would be a nightmare. The intake alone has more replaceable parts than my old small block lol Cool idea, but not practical.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote