View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #41
JaggedEdge

Re: Car crushing in Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Truck Man View Post
I myself am sending lots of old vehicles for scrap. I tried to sell some on EBAY $200 starting bid no reserve. Didn't get one bid. One was a 62 olds complete car. has a 394 rocket engine. only missing one fender script and the horn ring. At 260 dollars per ton the old car will bring in the neighborhood of $750. Why should I waste time with lowballers & tire kickers? My opinion is any potential project vehicle that has a title is worth $1000. cash no guarntees. And no Im not going to let anyone come & pick & choose the best at scrap price. The scrap man pays cash and don't care about anything except what it weighs. The fact is there are not ready willing & able buyers who will pay even what it will scrap for. A person who has a large amount of vehicles cannot make more by parting them out or selling to the general public. The 62 olds 4 dr htp will be recycled in the near future. Ill strip off the copper wiring, radiator,heater core, and desirable parts ect.
I would love to know where you are getting $260 a ton. Around here (western OK) salvage price varies from $100 a ton delivered to the yard, to $160 a ton picked up. The $160 cat is the highest paying around.
Not dissing you, just don't see those prices here. Problem locally is all these goobers watching Fast and Loud thinking their "project" will make me 10 or 12 grand profit if I flip it. So they price the stuff crazy high, and it eventually just sits and rusts away.
JaggedEdge is offline   Reply With Quote