View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #42
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Re: 2 Projects 72 GMC “MISS REPRESENTED” and 68 Chevy “The Board Build”

Well its been a few weeks since I posted. I wanted to have the suspension completed by now but life happens. Now that graduation is behind us since the last update I built a fence around the wife's 40X60 garden and installed sprinklers along the perimeter. Additionally I bought 5 trucks and finally detailed the suspension parts I installed Friday and Saturday this week.
You can see I drilled the trailing arm rivets out and flipped them over to gain the pinion angle back from the 6 " drop. Did I say I needed some new drill bits? LOL That process is pretty straight forward so hopefully the work is worth the effort. I read about the idea on another thread and it looked like a good idea.
I previously mocked up, detailed and installed the front suspension this weekend and I can tell you it always helps to read the directions. I initially installed all the cross shaft seals backwards and didn't notice it until I installed everything... at least I'm consistent, right? Pulled it all apart and did it right, I think! I need to get the new P/S box tomorrow and detail it for installation this coming weekend along with the rotors, brake calibers, sway bar and sway bar brackets. If you're following along I initially used a smaller bolt in the front cross member and have since used larger ones that fit plus I reamed it slightly larger for an additional size bolt so it would be as secure as possible.
It's nice to see it almost ready to roll! So, I get a little more excited for each milestone. The rear end needs the posi unit installed and I'm going to try and have it done this week if my friend has time to do it for me. If he doesn't I may buy the caliber/gauges required and do it myself. I'll get the rear end brake lines with the spring around them this week at the local parts store along with all the fittings to get it installed and detailed so wish me luck...
Enjoy the pics and if you see me doing something wrong speak up so I can fix it cause this will be no trailer queen. I'll be driving it so it needs to be correct AND safe.
Good Luck with your project!
Mike
Attached Images

Last edited by Cash3481; 06-26-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Cash3481 is offline   Reply With Quote