View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 01:39 AM   #9
FirstOwner69

Re: Voltage issue - Gauge Cluster and wiring Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywurm View Post
No. It never moves.

Since it's dark out, I got to see my headlights at night since the improvements I made on wire joins... The head lights are brighter.

But I also noticed that my blinkers are odd... they work differently with the headlights on than the headlights off... maybe my issue is here?

hazard - tail, front side marker, and parking lamps blink together, both sides. timing is on then off immidiately, staying off for about one second. turn the headlights on, the parking lamps stay on, never off, and the blink pattern is longer. the front side markers stay on for about one second then off, then back on. The tail lights are on when the front side markers are off. I can also hear the clicks at a different rate.

left turn signal - headlights off, the pattern is longer than the hazards. stays on for about half a second, goes off then immidiately back on. if it stays on for a while, it eventually just stays on.

right turn signal - headlights off, it is slow... i think the battery is pretty drained now. All in all, when the headlights are on, the front parking lamps stay on, and the front side markers blink opposite the tail lights. The rear side markers never blink... not sure if they should.

In the dash, i have an issue with the right turn signal bulb bracket. the bulb is fine. I can touch a 9v battery to it and it lights. if i put the bulb back in the bracket and touch the 9v to the electrical connections it doesnt light at all.
When the battery is drained or not charging the flash rates will be slower, especially with the headlights on. The parking lights should always be on with the headlights. On some trucks, the front side markers blink with the turn signals. Others do not. That may depend on model year. For those that flash, I think when the headlights and/or parking lights are on, the side marker flash alternates with the flash of the tail and parking lights. With the headlights and parking lights off, I think they flash in unison with the tail and parking lights. The rate of flashing of 4 way hazards may differ from the flashing rate of turn signals since they use different flashers.

By signal bulb bracket, I assume you mean socket. It sounds like it may be bad, but run the test again with another bulb. Sometimes you just need to reposition the bulb contacts a bit before placing it in the socket.

I'm signing off for the night...

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 07-05-2014 at 01:55 AM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote