View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
macpro1965

1974 Chevy C10 police auction prize

Well, I bought another Waco police auction chevy truck. This one is a 1974 Chevy Cheyenne 1/2 tn 2wd LB with a small block and automatic.

I bid on it without looking at it cause it was only $500 and it looked complete. I get it home and pop the hood and I see a few aftermarket parts on it(carb, headers, distributor...etc) and I think ok if I can start it it is worth what I paid for it. I put the jumper box on it and it fires right up.... Now I realize it has alittle more done to it because it has a good lope to it and a decent size cam in it. I put it in gear and it does not go anywhere...so I figure that is why it was so cheap...the trans was bad in it...nope I give it some more go pedal and I realize it has a larger than stock stall converter in it. I take it out on the road in front of the house and it comes to life and shifts 1, 2, and 3rd as it roars to live. I can not tell it has alot more done to it than what I thought initially. It has a hot small block with cam , a stall and low gear (3:90 or 4:11).

The body is a little rough and it needs fenders and a hood and the PS inner fender. The only issue I found with the mechanical side of it was a oil leak from the dipstick tube and the PS light and blinker are not working correctly (maybe a ground). The interior is mostly there and not in too bad of shape except for the torn headliner.

Plans are replace front clip and flat black the outside, put some rims and tires on it and do a 3/4" drop and clean the interior up/paint and put some carpet and seat cover in it.
Attached Images

macpro1965 is offline   Reply With Quote