View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Parts and more parts…
Well today UPS showed up with two huge boxes containing smalls and my entire interior.

I have been chipping away at wiring and did break down and drill 1 hole in the firewall. It's the stock location for the rear harness exit from the cab. Now I am having a hell of a time finding a good grommet for the firewall. It has a bit of filler in that area so it is thick and needs a thick grommet. The search goes on...
AC/heat is all hooked up, just need to wire under the hood. I bundled the wires for the front harness.

Under the dash is pretty much done. I tried really hard to tie all the wires and keep things clean.

This evening I started installing interior parts: Sun visors, headliner, rear cargo light and all those little rubber bumpers for the glove box and ashtray. I ordered some black interior parts and some brown, I am going to do a two tone interior. Just a few small things like brown elbow pads on black door panels, brown sun visors, brown seat belts on black seats and a brown stipe down the middle of the center console. I am also planning on doing wood accents, but am going to use form wood. It's real wood veneer with adhesive back for the glove box.
I also figured out the shifter bezel issue. I cut a little out of the trans shifter so it sits closer to the transfer case shifter and there's still room for both the boots.