View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #235
Arekusu

Re: Old School Hot Rod Truck (1964)

The truck was driving around a little hot. 210 -215 degrees in town with small romps on it to see what it'd do. I decided I better call my friend Mike Cz. He's pretty knowledgeable about tuning 4150's for racing and just overall car stuff. He's a Mustang guy but a bad ass Car Guy. I had pulled the intake manifold off it a few months back to fix a coolant leak that was piss*** me off. SO I lost my last timing job I did on it and lost my notes on what I had it set to. When I put it all back together I timed the motor and gave it a 10 degree advance. While at Mikes house we decided to turn it up to about 15 degrees advanced. We had the mix screws preset to about a 1.5 turn out and the truck seemed to like it. But I had the O2 bungs installed and he had an Air to Fuel meter so we hooked it up.

After hooking up the wide band we discovered that I was very lean. Like an air to fuel ratio of 22. After a little more idle mix screw adjustment we got it to about 15. We test drove it and when I hit it it drops to about 12 then comes up to about 14. The water temp also dropped down to 200 degrees. So as of now I'm still happy with it. I'll do a bit more tuning next weekend before I take it up to Alabama on the long drive but as of now it's just about all in line.

I still have to figure out my HID situation and get my turn signals working again.

Till next week!

Alex
Arekusu is offline   Reply With Quote