View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #78
Lattimer

Re: Urgent, need opinions on my new crate engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Doh! Forgot about the a/c compressor bracket. So, did you make a bracket that bolts to the 2 passenger side intake bolts, using longer intake bolts, that has an ear sticking up for the adjuster arm?

What about the front a/c bracket on the passenger side head? I assume it needs a hole drilled to match the different pattern on the Vortec head?

After reading the link about turning down the temp sensor to 3/8 NPT, I'm wondering if the 3/8" temp sensor I recommended will work? It's made to GM spec, but have they changed the resistance spec over the years? It would seem the one for the idiot light would have to work but a possible problem on the gauge sensor.

Probably best to turn the known good sensor down to the proper size and re-thread, as long as it does not machine through to the innards of the sensor. Or if the old sensor will screw into the intake manifold, I've done that before and it gives a good sample of the temp.

I wound up getting the original type temp sensor and putting it in the manifold. It was off scale (I don't remember which direction), so I wound up searching on here and found where others installed an in line resistor to make the gauge read correctly. Apparently even the "correct" new temp sensors don't always play well with our gauges.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote