View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 11:41 PM   #594
bubba327
HOW long until spring??

Re: Bubba's recycling project

You know your truck is a driver when you have to install a engine heater. Temperatures were down around zero just before Thanksgiving and the truck was kinda slow starting.
I installed a Kats engine heater in the lower radiator hose and remixed the coolant to -34*F.
Then moved the holley gas line pressure regulator to a different spot on the fender to a cooler spot farther away from the exhaust manifold. I was intending to get that done this summer.

Back on the road to check for leaks when the time came to roll over the odometer to 20,000 miles on the display. So when it was about halfway rolled over, the gears in the odometer stuck at 19999.9 and started slipping and rounding off the square shoulders of the speedo cable.

Back home I tried to get the odometer to finish turning over to 20K with a extra cable and a hand drill but it is now stuck halfway rolled over.
I now will have to remove the dash and check out the inner workings of the odometer.
Not finding much info on speedometer information on the web, anybody have any links or information to the workings of the speedometer/ odometer ?
Or is it time for the dash upgrade with round gauges and a new speedometer?

Have almost 3000 miles on the 283 since it went on the road in June 2014 and still running great. It only missed a few days of work while the snow and ice were a problem, Really don't like pushing snow with the front crossmember and oilpan..

Last edited by bubba327; 12-15-2014 at 12:07 AM.
bubba327 is offline   Reply With Quote