Thread: HRSaR
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
McMurphy

Re: HRSaR

Hello all...

At long last I am finally settled enough to get this epic tale of insanity, mystery, danger, and travel that all entwined to create one of the most incredible journeys of our (Trish and I) lives.

I hope you enjoy this, I only apologise for the sad lack of photos we took on this trip, but I will do the best I can.

This photo was taken in our driveway in North Pole just before we hit the road. For those of you with a sentimental vein, or have children that left home but took their favorite toy with them, then you will understand this photo.
In 1983 when I left home for good, off into the Army, my girlfriend at the time gave me a small childs toy teddy bear, "so I would never be alone."
Since that day to this, I have taken this bear with me every where, and I have a mass of photos from the pagodas of Seoul, Oktoberfest in Munich, Baghdad, to many many locations in the US.

So, since Pookie was with me when it all started, here he is as we finished my a 23 year Military Career (that took me 30 years to do... LoL)
It was raining when we left, and chilly enough.
Name:  02aug14  (3).jpg
Views: 426
Size:  56.7 KB

We left out of North Pole at 4:30pm and stopped briefly in Delta Junction because I had popped a fuse for the brake lights ~clue #1~.
Name:  02aug14  (5).jpg
Views: 394
Size:  36.2 KB
I never realized just how loaded we were until long after the trip I was looking at that photo, and saw just how level the stepside and trailer were, and how lifted in the nose the Tow Truck was.
Tow Truck and trailer empty on the scales was 9,100 lbs.

Name:  02aug14  (7).jpg
Views: 400
Size:  46.4 KB

One of the mods, though not strictly period correct was the fish eye mirrors...In my mind a must have, and they always make cool photos...
Name:  02aug14  (13).jpg
Views: 404
Size:  60.9 KB

A very beautiful shot taken by the wife at 60mph, the greens in this are amazing, I only wish the foreground trees were not blurred.
Name:  02aug14  (15).jpg
Views: 395
Size:  33.0 KB
This was still our first day of travel...other than stalling the rig on a steep hill I was not ready for, and the blown fuse we had no issues up to this point.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote