View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #77
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Re: Bullet proof GM 12 bolt.

I see you are not far from me. Any time you want to see my 9 inch in the truck more than happy to show you how nice the complete bolt in fits.

I looked at putting a 9 inch together. First off the cost was more than a complete unit. Second a complete unit has a complete warranty.

That is a spool unit you would need the wedge lock diff for street use at 550 Hp and championship unit is rated 800 HP. Price wise its going to start at 2600 without brakes rotors lugs calipers and they have to make them or you make / buy the set up to attach.

Running that unit with a spool on the street will be an issue. IT was never designed for street type side loading, or the shock you see with a hard launch.

They are nice if you buy the right unit I would guess 4000 for a complete unit.

I have 3200 in my muscle 9inch kit. No reason really for a fab 9 unless you are well over 1200 hp.

If you want to run mini tubes no issues you an do that with a back space wheel. My bet is that with a fender roll, and light work on the edge of the bed wood you can get a 315 in there with stock housing.. I run a 295 and there is 3/4 on both sides. I had my wheels made to my back space specs. And I have fitted a 315 in it was close. I think that under hard turn it might have rubbed. But back to the little bit of work.

GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote