View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #77
gmcnoob

Re: 86 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 questions

I want to share the experience I had with my local auto repair shop today. My long-awaited BFGoodrich 33" x 16.5" x 12.5" tires were finally manufactured and delivered to me at the beginning of January. Since I do not have the tools or the experience to mount and balance tires I brought them to the local shop to have them installed along with a state inspection. My first complaint is the fact that I called them five days later to find out what was taking so long and they told me that it had been completed the previous day. I find it strange that it took that long for such a simple job and that nobody gave me a call to let me know it had been completed. But that's not all. When I brought the truck in I made them aware that the tail lights do not come on when I turn the headlights on. They knowingly passed the inspection without fixing the tail light issue. Does anybody find this unusual? I didn't bring it in just to get a sticker on my windshield. I wanted the problem to be fixed. I let that slide because at least I passed inspection and I wasn't charged to have the lights fixed. I'll get that done by another shop. But here is the part you guys are really going to enjoy. They installed the closed ended center caps over the locking hubs. Yes, you read that right. What do you think of that? Now I don't mean to nitpick but they also failed to put my valve stem caps back on.

Obviously they won't be getting my business again. They turned what should have been a simple job for them into a complete disaster. I wonder if they have any idea what they're doing at all. I just can't get over them putting closed ended caps over the locking hubs. Unbelievable! What would you do in this situation?
gmcnoob is offline   Reply With Quote