View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 12:30 AM   #7
OldGMJon

Re: 63 GMC good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby277 View Post
I will take pics of it when I go and see it, I'll keep you posted guys! I am fairly eager to see what it has for an engine. He doesn't remember like I said before. Kinda think it would be cool to have one of those huge V6's! I know nothing about them though.

Do any of you with them have trouble finding parts for them?

Thanks for the replies btw!
I have a 351E big block V6 in my 66' GMC 2503. My only driving experience was driving it home a few miles after I bought it but I thought the power was good for such a heavy truck to pull. I read about the V6's and the other V12 engines made for pumping wells or in big trucks I believe. The story is they were super dependable...had to be to drive the pumps on wells 24/7 for months at a time. Probably balanced and blueprinted, etc. I recently spoke to a guy in Nevada that has the big V6 in his bagged GMC swb and he said that parts are still available but it is an arm and a leg to rebuild them. I think all mine needs is a clutch but I don't know what I will do with it. I don't think I will be restoring that truck so might go to the scrap heap with the frame and rusted out body. The engine looks like a V8 in size and shape until you see only 3 plug wires per side.
64' Chevy C30 flatbed "above" 80' C30 "beneath")
Parts:
66' GMC 2503 & 65' GMC I1500
OldGMJon is offline   Reply With Quote