Thread: 1961 Biscayne
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #17
dhaymaker

Re: 1961 Biscayne

Absolutely, absolutely LOVE this car! Early on in my string of cars, trucks, and motorcycles, I had a 1961 Biscayne. Dad bought it from our local painter, after a fresh coat of Hugger Orange! Had a red interior that I promptly changed to black. The big letdown was the 235 six cylinder and three-on-the-tree. Dad didn't want me to swap the engine out, so I tried to detonate the old 6, but it refused to give up. After paying Dad an agreed upon amount for the car, out went the 6 and in went a 301. Followed it up by trading for some wheels and a four speed. Later, the car became a big block. Unfortunately, the car was seriously damaged when some dumbs#$% was playing around on damp country roads and ran across some wet leaves blown across the road.

The Biscayne came after my first car, a 1959 Impala, 2-door hardtop. Like the others, it was sold to move on. So, for years, I've been hunting for a '59 (and I would actually rather have a post car) or a '61 Biscayne.

Your car has brought back some wonderful memories!!

don

"The DRBMan"

2014 Audi A4 (The Wife's Daily Driver)
2017 HD Ultra (The Cruiser)
2003 HD Fatboy (The Ride)
2001 Chevy Suburban (Another back up!!)

For the first time in forever, not a single 67-72 Chevy truck, Blazer, or Suburban on the property! Basically retired and getting the new Motorhome ready for some traveling. Doing a bit of work on the house getting it ready to sell! LOL!!
dhaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote