View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 09:47 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Granny Gears Too Low..Solutions ?

Yeah, 40 feels like top speed? Like KW has asked, what position is the transfer case shifter in? Is it all the way forward? Pull it all the way back, then push it lightly till you feel it slip into the next position. Either it's you aren't used to trucks with lower gears and no overdrive and everything is cool, or you're in 4LO.

From forward to back it's: 4LO-N-2H-2L....4wd low (makes gearing 2x lower), then neutral (even with transmission in gear it won't move), 2wd high (normal 2wd), and all the way back is 4wd high (same gearing as 2wd but 4wd). Do you have one of the transfer case knobs with no markings? Is that shifter bent towards your leg or is it bent straight back towards the seat? Could you post a picture? How about pics of the truck??

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote