View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #8
Andy4639
Old member

Lightbulb Re: Information needed on LED side marker lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Thank to all for the two wire information but this thread is about hooking up the 3 wire LED lights to the two wire system...
This is my point exactly.
My reason for the pictures and the info I thought would be helpful to you and 72kool. The factory never ran 3 wires to the front are back.

You bought a light that has three wires but your truck only has 2.
You will have to figure out which wires are which in your light setup. 1 wire will hook to the parking light wire of the truck, 1 wire will hook to turn signals of the truck the thrid wire will be ground for the LED's it self! LED's need a good ground to operate.

You will have to tie the rear light into the wire that is already there for the marker light. Which you will have to figure out which wire to tie to on the light. Then run new wires to each back marker to tie into the turn signals if you want them to flash. Then ground the lights them selves as my pictures show once you figure out which wires on the lights are for the grounds.
All my info is just common without knowing the lights that you bought and not being able to check them.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote