View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #13
kingstrider

Re: "The Smell of Victory" 1972 Cheyenne Super

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs46488 View Post
Great looking truck!

My wife and I had the same "Smell of Victory" conversation for my 1970 Nova. However, my response to "what are you going to do about it?" was to do an LS swap for the Nova and then I bought an old project C10 to use as a stand for the smelly old carbed motor.

You got any details on the paint colors or codes? I want to paint my truck orange and I like this color. Your SPID says 546, but I can't find anything. You said "Tangier Orange" but that wasn't offered in 1972. Any details?
Hey bs46488, thanks for the compliment! Actually Tangier Orange was offered in 1972 as shown in the catalog below:

This was a completely different color than Hugger Orange which was actually renamed Firebolt Orange for that year. The catalog doesn't list the actual codes but they are shown in the 72 Truck Data Book:

In addition to the 516 (solid orange) and 546 (white roof with orange body) color schemes, there was also the Deluxe two-tone color scheme which I think was paint code 594. This had the white roof, orange body and white stripe between the upper and lower body moldings that extended to the tailgate. This scheme is also known as white/orange/white/orange and was how mine was painted. Well, sort of, even the white on the roof is wrong since the upper door frames and A pillars should be white. It is a popular scheme though and will do until I repaint it the original colors some day. For now I'm planning to paint the tailgate to match once I find a place to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina/10 View Post
Enjoyed your story, keep up the good work!
Thanks Katrina/10! My plan is to restore this truck one day, well at least to do a thorough "resto-mod" with a 402 big block.

Last edited by kingstrider; 10-06-2015 at 11:27 AM.
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote