View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #17
Hayseed4

Re: A boy and his 1972 fleetside restoration

Well, I guess I should share the updates to my project. I have been busy sand blasting the cab and all of the front sheet metal components, I expect to have them completed in the next few days and should be ready to paint them next week. I bought some industrial paint that is a match for the GM medium green and white codes. I color matched the green on the inside headliner since it did not see much damage or sun, and it was just about spot on. The white was another matter since there was no place that the sun didn't seem to fade. I am going to hope for the best on that since the green seemed to be right. If anyone wants more info on the paint I am using let me know. The paint for the whole truck, 1 gal of primer, 1 gal of green, 1 gal of white, 1 gal of clear and all of the 2nd components was only about $400. Not too shabby compared to the expensive Napa or ditzler paint. This paint is the same type of stuff that is put on quarter million dollar semi trailers, so I expect good results. But of course any paint job is only as good as the prep work even if it is tedious. More pics of the blasted parts to come soon. In the mean time enjoy the paint draw downs and the paint build sheet.
Attached Images

Hayseed4 is offline   Reply With Quote