View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 08:06 PM   #8
picklito

Re: good vent window seal?

Older thread revived...

I just did a painfully careful job rebuilding the doors on the BBDBH (Big Block Dirt Bike Hauler) with new rubber/seals everywhere. Vent windows, window wipers, weatherstrip, division bar felt.

Division bar felt was the metal-encased version and is OK but a little too wide on the inside dimension to hold the glass firmly.

Door weatherstrip went on OK, looks OK, but is a little thick and you still have to slam the $#!+ out of the doors, even after 6 months. These trucks came new with doors that closed... right off the line. I can work with this, but...

Can't say I'm impressed with the vent window triangles. Too thin where they nest into the door below, making a poor seal, and a completely different contour there than OE. Then, they're so thick around the glass that the windows get too tight before you can flip the latch. They need to swing almost another 1/4" before the latch will flip over the chrome surface inside. I don't think they're gonna settle in that much. Like I said, I was CAREFUL.

I'd like to try again with a different brand. Mine were purchased about a year ago and sat till I could get to it... now I don't know who I bought them from. Can anybody post sample pic of a vent window seal that is "good?" please.

Oh... and the door wiper strips don't even touch the glass. Needless to say... they don't wipe. OE did.
picklito is offline   Reply With Quote