View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #167
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
With all the work you have, I guess we don't have to worry about you getting into trouble....lol
Haha the only trouble so to speak is bringing home another project! I'm sure guys on here must think I'm crazy or stupid, or maybe both! But as hard as it can be sometimes they'll get done, each of them are in different states of restoration or preservation so when one reaches a stopping/waiting point I simply switch off to the next vehicle I can make progress on until that one reaches a stopping/waiting point, but there certainly isn't any room for whatever it is that "normal" teenagers do these days lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
Darned lucky find there on that Buick. Years ago my Dad had a '60 LeSabre and that was a great car to drive.
Got T boned at an intersection in Phoenix (other driver ran a red light).
His was a white one with a blue interior.

Would love to find one in the same condition as yours.
The 60 is also a very beautiful car, it's a lot easier on the eyes then the crazy pissed off look of the 59's that's for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
Really enjoying your thread. Had an ex USAF d100 crewcab back in the mid 80's but had to sell it as it was classed as a HGV (heavy good vehicle) due to its size and unladen weight. Impossible to get insurance at the time so got scrapped for the Engine.

Have a real soft spot for the D100's since, look forward to your next update.

P.
ah I'm sorry to hear about that, I'm wondering how it's going to be when I register this truck, a lot of people tell me to just register it as the factory 4wd 3/4 ton but if I'm not going to even have 4wd 3/4 ton running gear under it and won't be able to use that running hear them I certainly don't want to pay that extra 100 bucks for something I don't have every year lol so we'll see how it goes registering as a 2wd 1/2 ton.

As for updates on this truck, I've located a original in cut dash and the cool factory dash shifter with a really nice steering column from a 67 camper special that I'm planning to get for this truck, my hopes are to run a lol at shift cable from the dodge dash shifter to the (hopefully) 4L80e Trans and have a stock dodge appearing interior minus seat upholstery and maybe gauges as I might go with SW green line gauges., still need to get a motors/Trans and figure out how small I can make the transmission hump yet still have room with the automatic Trans, and then I can start getting the interior body work done and get the front and rear windows in. Lots of work to do but it's not very hard work. I'll keep you guys updated on it.

As for the buick I got a good running 350 motor and I have a good working th350trans to pair behind it and temporary install in the 59 buick to get it driving. Also sourced a 61 buick third member to ditch the Torque tube, now I just gotta see when the guy is going to pull it out of the car.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote