View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #253
Lattimer

Re: Lattimer's 1970 C-10 build

Haven't done anything but drive the truck in quite a while. Work has been crazy, and I just haven't had time or energy.

However, I decided to get a few small things done over the last few weeks.

I took the original grille, beat out most of the dings, and had my powder coating guy strip it an coat it. The color is called mirror silver, and looks pretty good. There are still enough dents to match the patina, and its not to shiny, but looks very good. I also had the bezels powder coated. I used Krylon Fusion paint on the inner grille, got new lenses for the turn signals. I painted the turn signal metal parts with some silver metallic paint from rust-oleum. They turned out nice and reflect the bulbs a lot better now. The black part of the outer grill I masked off and painted with Rust Oleum auto trim.

While I had the bumper off, I decided it would be a good time to replace the cab mount bushings. They were all in sad shape except the one I had replaced when I did the floors, and that was an LMC piece that never did quite fit. I bough the full kit from Classic Parts almost 2 years ago and never installed it.

And tonight I just finished up my new pedal install. The old gas pedal linkage was very stiff, and if I drive over an hour I got a cramp in my calf. So a few months ago I ordered the Lokar gas pedal and pedal pads in black from Jegs. The gas pedal was backordered and took over a month to get.

So, between last weekend and tonight I got that completed. Took it for a test drive. What a difference! The pedal is soooooo much easier to move. Also, I apparently never had full throttle before with the old linkage, so I have new found power I never knew existed. Always wondered why I had to have it to the floor to get the secondaries to come on at all. The looks are also vastly improved.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote