View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #118
Richard2112

Re: Eaton HO72/HO52 vs. 14 Bolt FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I would just switch to either a 14 bolt or a Dana 70. It isn't a big deal to move the spring perches. Either one of those is just as tough as the Eaton if not more.
Much thanks Cap'n. I have recently acquired a 14 bolt ff. It's a bulky beast with 373 r&p and I believe the carrier is a gov-lock type. I was told it came from a g30 van. I am having a bit of difficulty identifying the year (if it is significant). I believe it from a mid 80's van and probably 1985 or earlier and may have the smaller pinion bearing.

I have found numbers on the axle tube and on the differential housing case. There is a little clock like symbol which I assume indicates the month and beside that there is the number 10. I guess the number 10 is the day of the month. I'm not certain about this, its just a guess.

There is also an alpha-numeric stamp on the long tube which seems to be KSRG 2692. The G is an uncertain character, could be a 6--can't tell.

Could someone please enlighten me as to what these characters represent and how to determine the year of this axle?

Also I suspect that since the van was longer than the swb c&c that I plan to install this axle in, then the pinion angle will be different unless I cut the spring perches and relocate them. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Advice much appreciated.
Richard2112 is offline   Reply With Quote