View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #6
Northwest Outlaw

Re: '61 Apache "BoomStick"

I found a guy looking to trade his running v8 for an Inline-6 on CL and I jumped on it, meeting up one weekend for him to hear my engine run and then he brought the engine over the next weekend. A buddy of mine came over to help prep for the engine pull and everything went smooth when NimRodz' Adam showed up. Got the v8 on the engine stand and pull the straight-6 from the truck to the trailer, lickity split (with a run to the auto parts store for long enough bolts to mount the engine on the stand).
So my winter project has grown from lowering and disc brakes to now include a drivetrain swap! The 350 SBC is from a '71 Chevy truck and will mate up with the TH400 I got in the original truck deal. Now I just got to figure out how all the parts will fit...
With some discussion on another thread I've learned I'll need to notch/replace the trans cross member to mount the th400. While i work up the courage to do that i'll be cleaning and painting the engine, engine bay and transmission and probably do the disc brake swap while the engine is out still for more room to work on the brake lines.
Attached Images

Northwest Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote