View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
mehoff400

65 long bed step side

i figure i should start this build thread soon so here we go.

i picked this up a 65 long bed with 3 on the tree. the previous owner picked it up rewired the truck redid the drum brakes and go it a sold running truck.

well after driving it all summer and watching smoke blow from the exhaust and the 3 on the tree not doing enough to have fun driving it i started doing research at what my options are. at first it was a easy decision a chevy 350 with a automatic behind it. but going to car shows and driving the truck some more i realized i dont want another 350 swap. now i am not bashing on a 350 its a easy reliable and cheap swap you can't go wrong with. i decided to stay with the straight six and go with a T-5 swap. with a lot of help from this forum and some great guys i think i got everything together. luckily enough i found a straight six out of a 69 nova with 30,000 miles on it locally for 300 bucks.

getting ready to paint

painted block

in the the process i also found a local guy that will build the exact T-5 i want for a decent price

gettin ready to pull the engine

i am a little farther a long then it shows in the pictures. i will be doing an update soon.
mehoff400 is offline   Reply With Quote