View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 09:43 AM   #10
GEARBOXGARAGE

Re: Wilwood C10 Drop Spindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornss View Post
Saw these at PRI, they looked awesome.
Just watch out they will only be available with the later ball joint configuration... 73-up. They didn't have all the details ironed out at that point but it was looking like 1 spindle would set you back what a set of cpp/ridetech spindles cost. But of course ther are also using vette hubs.
Wish I knew these were at PRI! I even talked with them and asked about C10 brake options, they never mentioned this...

Any how, I spoke with Wilwood Tech last night, here's a copy of what I posted over at pro-touring...

I spoke with Wilwood Tech last night and they assured me that the hub assemblies will but much heavier than the Corvette hubs, as I questioned that also. They also said any variation from factory track width should be kept minimal, maybe .188 at most on the offset. And should work with aftermarket, replacement control arms. So us guys that have the Hotchkis for example should be able to upgrade with no issues. I was contemplating on going with CPP spindles, but had heard some remarks about the axle pins shifting under heavy load, as they are pressed in. So far, I'm highly interested in these ne Wilwood pieces.
GEARBOXGARAGE is offline   Reply With Quote