View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #495
youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Guilty as charged I guess...sorry man...good progress Marc. Way more than I did this week end....busy with yard work, equipment maintenance and determining the exhaust tips I ordered won't work.

The brake assembly looks to be in the right place to me and same as my 48 truck was. I had an issue with the transmission mount wanting to be in the same place as the master cylinder that hopefully you won't run into.

Good luck as you and I continue to vie for third place in the Iceburgh, Youngrodder, Advanced Design Burb build off...
Good to hear that the brakes look right.

Yes, I hear you about yard work. I did that the weekend before. I still need to open the pool in a few weeks which will waste a weekend. Oh and I'm soooo confident that I will have 3rd place locked up that I've ordered myself a trophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpickup View Post
Looks great. I know what you mean about getting the truck ready for the season, mine still needs some attention. I will rephrase that, a lot. But at least it is drive able. All good thing take time. That burb should drive great.

Shannon
Last year I missed the first couple of shows because I had the 48 torn down replacing a leaking freeze plug. This year the truck just needs a good cleaning. Looking forward to driving it. I think the Burb will handle, drive and steer better than the truck.

Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote