youngrodder

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Marc, engine tranny set up look good...Jim
Thanks Jim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Good find on the diff, That would suck if it caused a problem driving, then you found it. Also very nice 45* cuts.
Yes, it stills sucks but it can always be worse...Looking forward to getting the 45's welded up to form the brace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Glad you caught the issue Marc. Guessing now the axle ends are equal distance from the frame rails? Good looking trans mount. Packaging in that area gets tight, especially with the under floor master. Looks like PB has a good solution.
No they were equal. The center of the rear end is offset by 1". That is what screwed me up. I'm going to take my time and center the rear end properly this time by marking the floor with center lines and running string to locate center points. I also think my pinion angle was a little off as I didn't have the gauge on the right part of the rear end. I have never had experience with setting the pinon angle. Another bonus to my redo.

Thanks on the drive shaft dimension. I will check my notes. It sounds close to what I think I wrote down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
Your tank is a nice fit behind the Watts

Don't we all make small mistakes sometimes
Glad you found it in this early stage!!
Yes, the watts takes up quite a bit of room. I wanted to move the tank as far forward as I could to leave room at the end of the frame rails to squeeze in a hitch...

Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote