View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #246
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Trimmed the trans cover for the NP208 shifter. I hope its the one I will need to use. I am trying to copy kind of what Dirty Larry did with the Polar Bear Suburban. I will have to get my friend to weld up the excess bit that was already cut out.

Cut the shock mount off the passenger side to move it to driver side. I put it in the vise and reshaped it a bit to fit back on the front side of the axle. I need to know what shocks (cheap ones for fitment only really) to buy to set things up so I can have my friend weld the mount back on the axle.

Engine and trans coming out so wanted to take some more measurements. Since they changed with the drop down perches in the rear moving the axle about an 1" forward.

I need a driveshaft about 80" or so long.

Pinion angle doesn't look the best but not too bad, front isn't quite at max height.

Engine and trans coming out for hopefully the final time!!

Clutch kit I plan on buying comes with everything in one go!

Bellhousing I apparently have to buy....

So I need to figure out what lift pump to buy, I don't think I have one. Also need to figure out if I need an inline filter or if my filter in my sending unit will suffice. I am at the point now I need to start ordering parts to keep things going. Although, I will be gone to the beach all this week. Still need to order the locking hub conversion parts as well. Also need probably to do a good bit of work to the dana 60 as well as all new tie rods and what nots. Also need to find right stuff for the hydroboost set up as well as a "good" steering box. I have one but may need a rebuilt. Probably wouldn't hurt to get another jeep steering shaft as well.

I am seriously considering buying new 4" lift springs for up front, I believe these are rough country brand and are super damn stiff. I also need to order some longer shackle sides/hangers whatever you call them. Something better than the home made temporary ones that I did to get the spring eye off the frame.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote