View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:32 PM   #1123
mjh1965

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Well with the change in my personal life causing less truck time . This weekend I managed to get some truck time , due to the new lady in my life going away on a girly weekend .
Friday morning I got an email fron Ron at STS imports to say my panels had arrived . So I started work an hour earlier so I could finish earlier . So as soon as I got home I headed over to Essex to collect my Bedsides .

Bedsides loaded into the car

On returning home I unloaded them into the carport ready to unpack them once Kevon arrived

So Saturday morning my friend Kevon , that used to work with me in the body shop , came over to my place . The main reason was to help me repair the damage in my cab roof .

The before picture of the roof

Kevon's spot welding slide hammer

This tool makes work on a panel that is double skinned so much easier

After pulling out the dents and also using it to shrink the panel , Kevon put in the first spread of body filler the roof

Q

Then it was a question of blocking it down reload it with filler and repeat the process

All blocked ready for primer on Sunday

Once the roof was repaired I got Kevon to help me lift out the bodysides from the boxes

It's great to think these panels have traveled all the way from Tennessee via Miami , then into a container onto a ship and there isn't even a ripple in them so it's a big thanks to DeWayne at Nsane HotRodz parts and Ron at STS for the bedsides and Kevon for his help on the roof

Tomorrow I will get the roof into primer

MY BUILD THREAD:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611614

Last edited by mjh1965; 07-23-2016 at 08:38 PM.
mjh1965 is offline   Reply With Quote