View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #522
MacQuigley

Re: 60-66 Tire/Wheel Pics

Guy's Id appreciate some advice.

Ive never bought new wheels for a vehicle before save something that basically replicated the original patterns etc, so Im struggling a little with the selections of my new wheels for my 62 shortbed stepside.

I would like to get a set of American Racing slot mags:-

http://www.americanracing.com/wheel/...9-ansen-sprint

I need to go up to 17" as Ive fitted Wilwood disc's front and rear and Ive got a 12 bolt rear end fitted. The rear is dropped 3" and the front 2.5", though at the moment I also have 2" drop springs fitted and may stick with them.

The steels Ive got at present are 15 x 7 with 4.5" back space with 245/60 front and 275/60 rear. I cant use these easily to get a size as they dont fit the disc conversions but I have been able to use them to get an idea and The seem to fit fine for width.

The American Racing wheels Im looking at come in 8" width (min) so Im looking at 17 x 8 with 4.5" back space front and back with the same 245/60 and 275/60 tyres.

Looking through this thread Im reasonably confident this set up will work but I thought it worth a quick post to ask if anyone else has a similar set up, just to put my last few doubts at ease. Im in the UK so I really only have one shot at this. I cant just drop into the local wheel store and returning them would not really be cost effective.
MacQuigley is offline   Reply With Quote