View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #45
izzy_Britton

Re: Long bed to Short bed conversion.

I hate to be the one that states the obvious here, but here it is.

We are not all concerned with the overall value of the trucks we work on with respect to what it's worth when trying to sell it. Most, dare I say all of us put way more time and money into our project trucks than we could every get out of them.

For me, the value of my truck is how much fun and happiness it brings to build and drive.

Just one example is my current project. I am currently working on an 86 swb, no frills, nothing special truck. I am doing the 5.3 / 4L60e conversion, and lots of other comparatively little things to it. When I am all done, I am not painting it, I would have to ask $10k for it to get my investment back out of it, that is out of pocket expense and lots and lots of time.

Bare in mind that this truck might blue book around the $4500 mark in exceptional condition, and this truck ain't THAT. However what this truck IS worth to me, is that it is giving me time to myself in my shop, where I may otherwise be out prowling the streets murdering prius overs or other such idiots.... But something has to keep is centered, right?

Do cut your trucks into little pieces and glue it back together with gorilla snot, do what you want, it is your truck and do whatever you want it, do whatever makes YOU happy!

We don't all agree with everything, we dont have to. This is what makes each of us unique.

Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote